Thursday, May 7, 2009

A New Discovery

I love to travel. I think it provides you the ability to break out from your day-to-day routine and reevaluate life. Travel provides adventure and the opportunities to make new friends and create new memories. That being said, I can't imagine making my personal goal to visit 100 countries in the world let alone all of them as Chris Guillebeau has decided to do. He made the pro-con list of buying an S.U.V. or travel the world and he opted for the travel. It definitely makes you question your decision to stay local when you read his blog about his journeys to the Domincan Republic, Suriname and Nambia etc. While I am definitely not ready to make quite that commitment to travel, it does provide a lovely break from the standard desk job and a fantastic week way to take a refresh on 7th grade geography as you try to figure out where in the world is Carmen Sandiego... or Chris.

No comments: