Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anti Coffee

I am a tea-drinker. I have several cups of tea every morning and often have a calming chamomile before I go to bed at night, but I would have never called myself a tea connoisseur... until now... after my trip to TeaGschwendner as I can tell you the difference between a white tea, a green tea, an oolang tea and a roibush tea. Now that I have the gloating out of the way, you must go to a TeaGschwendner should you ever be in the neighborhood of one. I have never seen so many different types of tea with a fragrance and aroma unlike any teas I have experienced. I typically buy my tea at Trader Joe's because its cheap and easy, but after a steaping lesson and an explanation of the difference between tea powder in tea bags (Grrross!) and real tea leaves, I am a convert -- no more tea bags for me! Now its not cheap but you will not be disappointed by your purchases. I sampled both the Bosa Nova, imagine drinking chocolate minus the thickness and Smooth Strawberry Dream, imagine a sweet summer afternoon, which were both lovely. So order an old standby if you must but live a little dangerously and order an exotic flavor for fun. That way you can have tea any time.

No comments: