Monday, September 15, 2008

Spice It Up

So let's be clear -- I don't cook; I eat breakfast foods for dinner because cereal doesn't need an oven. Now that being said, certain stores can definitely inspire the inner cook even in me. One of those shops is The Spice House. I went to their store in Chicago which was just such a treat as you can sample various rubs, seasonings and spices. They have a fantastic selection of seasonings to make your own salad dressing which would definitely encourage me to eat more vegetables. You felt like you are experiencing what cooking should REALLY be like, using authentic spices... not some powder that you bought under florescent lighting wondering how grocery stores can charge SEVEN dollars for a 3 oz. bottle. The Spice House even sells gift packages -- a perfect present for someone who you are hoping will cook you MORE meals in the near future... Sounds like a win-win to me!

No comments: